blomus KUMI Stoneware Serving Plate is multi-function and creates a beautiful presentation. The KUMI tabletop range features typical Japanese shapes in natural colors, and in additional to typical tabletop items, also includes traditional Japanese items such as a small bowl for soy sauce and the characteristic tea mug without handle. KUMI is created with the Japanese process of reactive glazing, which comes out different with every firing and reacts to the slightest variations of oxygen in the kiln.
- Serving Plate is 1.6" H x 11.8" Diameter / 4 x 30cm
- Ceramic Stoneware is Dishwasher Safe and Microwave Safe
- KUMI is a Japanese word meaning eternal beauty
- Natural character that comes with use over time will increase the beauty and sentimental value of each piece of KUMI dishware
- Colors complement one another beautifully and can be mixed for a stunning presentation
True to the Japanese philosophy of Wabi Sabi, to which beauty is found only in the imperfect, the pieces will feature slight variances such as dots or irregularities which are part of the reactive glazing process. These characteristics of each piece are considered traits of the object's personality and lend to its sophistication.