6 Amazing Paper Recycling Facts
- To produce each week’s Sunday newspapers, 500,000 trees must be cut down.
- If all of our newspaper was recycled, we could save about 250,000,000 trees each year.
- The average American uses seven trees a year in paper, wood, and other products made from trees.
- Approximately 1 billion trees worth of paper are thrown away every year in the U.S.
- In 1993, U.S. paper recovery saved more than 90,000,000 cubic yards of landfill space.
- Each ton (2000 pounds) of recycled paper can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, three cubic yards of landfill space, 4000 kilowatts of energy, and 7000 gallons of water. This represents a 64% energy savings, a 58% water savings and 60 pounds less air pollution!
Paper Recycling Facts taken from www.recycling-revolution.com
Have you resolved to be greener this year or to stay more organized? Make paper and magazine recycling neat and tidy with blomus storage solutions.