Eco Friendly Gardening Tips
Eco-friendly gardening is about working with nature not against it.
The trend in gardening and landscape design is to create eco-friendly, beautiful spaces that are good for mother earth. It is easy to find articles and suggestions about how to begin. Just a few are listed below.
- Use local materials like stone or shells in landscaping to reduce transportation costs.
- Use solar powered lighting or fountains rather than electric.
- Compost kitchen and lawn waste or add earthworms to gardens to enrich soil
- Bring in birds for pest control (rather than using dangerous chemicals). SHOP BIRD FEEDERS
- Hand water flowers with a watering can (rather than sprinklers or hoses). Hand watering controls the amount of water used and the water concentration. SHOP WATERING CANS
- Choose plants that are indigenous to your region and will likely thrive with minimal irrigation
Happy gardening from blomus!